The Distance IR Bricklet can be used to extend the features of Bricks by the capability to measure distances. Sharp analog infrared proximity sensors can be attached to the Bricklet. After configuring the attached sensor you can read out the measured distance in millimeters. With configurable events it is possible to react on changing distances without polling.
Infrared sensors with different distance ranges are available in the shop:
- Infrared Sensor 4-30cm GP2Y0A41SK0F
- Infrared Sensor 10-80cm GP2Y0A21YK0F
- Infrared Sensor 20-150cm GP2Y0A02YK0F
Typically these types of sensors are used in robotics to measure distances for mapping or localization purposes. But you can also use this sensors in other applications, such as a finding out if a door is opened or closed.
For more information click here.
Property Value Sensor GP2Y0A21YK0F Current Consumption See sensor datasheet Distance Depends on attached Sharp IR Sensor:
- GP2Y0A41SK0F: 4cm - 30cm (1.57” - 11.81”)
- GP2Y0A21YK0F: 10cm - 80cm (3.94” - 31.50”)
- GP2Y0A02YK0F: 20cm - 150cm (7.87” - 59.06”)
Dimensions (W x D x H) 45 x 13 x 5mm (1.76 x 0.51 x 0.19”)*, fits on backside of sensor Weight 2g*
* without cable and sensor
Comes Packaged With