This is a non-professional english translation of the original terms and conditions. The most recent version and the original wording can be found here: AGB
(1) The terms and conditions are corresponding to contracts between customers and the Tinkerforge GmbH, Zur Brinke 7, 33758 Schloß Holte-Stukenbrock (in the following called vendor) realized over the website www.tinkerforge.com.
(2) Customers can be consumers as well as businesses.
(3) Product names and logos are property of the producer. Illustrations are examplary and can differ from original. Errors are excepted.
(1) With an order on tinkerforge.com the customer makes a binding offer to buy. After arrival of the offer at the vendor, the customer receives an automatically generated email. This email lists the items of the order, it is not a confirmation of the buy offer. Such a confirmation is either given explicitly or with delivery of the items.
(2) The contract will be saved by the vendor and send to the customer via email.
(1) All shown prices include the German sales tax of 19% and are plus delivery cost (see here).
(2) Payments are offered over either HeidelPay (www.heidelpay.de) or PayPal (www.paypal.com). All offered payment options are the possible payment options of these two payment providers.
(3) Shipment normally takes place within one week after payment. Shipments outside of Germany may have longer shipping times.
(4) Shipment is payed for by the customer. The shipping costs depend on the chosen logistics company. Shipments with DHL are priced with 4.50EUR within Germany. For shippments outside Germany you can choose between Deutsche Post, DHL and FedEx. The shipping costs depends on the chosen logistic company and the shipping address.
(5) In special cases (e.g. for schools, universities or regular customers) a delivery with invoice is possible. In this case ordering can be done with Fax or Email.
(1) The ordered items remain property of the vendor until payment is completed.
(1) If the customer uses his rights to cancel the order, he may have to pay for the costs to return the goods, if the delivered goods correspond to the ordered and the goods have a value below 40.00EUR. Or if the customer did not pay the goods fully or an agreed upon partial payment at the time of the cancellation.
You have the right to revoke from the contract without the need to provide any reason. The revocation period is fourteen days from the date you or a third person, named by you, other than the carrier have respectively has received the final item of the order.
To exercise your right of revocation, you have to inform us:
Zur Brinke 7
33758 Schloß Holte-Stukenbrock
Fax: +49 5207 8998615
of the decision to revoke from this contract by means of an explicit declaration (e.g., by a letter sent by post mail, fax or email). You can use the accompanying cancellation form (download from here), however this is not required. The revocation is considered valid if the revocation notification or the goods themselves are sent within the revocation period.
In the event that you revoke from the contract, we have to refund all payments which we have received from you including the delivery costs (except for additional costs arising from your choice of a different type delivery than the affordable standard delivery which we offer), immediately, not later than within fourteen days from day on which your notification of cancellation of this contract has been received by us. We use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless something expressly different has been agreed upon with you; you will never be charged a fee for this refund. We can refuse the refund until we have received the returned goods or until you have furnished proof that you have sent the goods back to us, depending on whichever takes place first. You must return or transfer the goods to us immediately, within fourteen days of the day on which you have notified us of the cancellation of this contract. The period has been observed if you send the goods prior to the lapse of the fourteen day period. You have to bear the costs of returning the goods. You are only responsible for covering any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is based on unnecessary handling of the goods in order to inspect the characteristics, properties and function of the goods.
(1) For customers the Warranty is based upon the legal regulations.
(2) Claims of defects by the customer, if he is a business man, persist only if he fulfills his obligation to give notice of defects.
(3) If the customer is a business man, the following takes effect: With a justified notice of defect the customer has the right to subsequent fulfillment. The vendor removes the notified shortcomings by either rectification or replacement. The customer has to give the vendor an appropriate deadline. The vendor pays costs of the removal of the shortcomings. If the subsequent fulfillment fails, the customer can demand a reduction of price or he can resign from the contract. The subsequent fulfillment has failed with the second failed attempt. Claims of damages are only after failed subsequent fulfillment attempts possible.
(4) Warranty for damage to life, body or health is excluded, as long as the damages are not deliberate or grossly negligent by the vendor.
(1) The vendor uses the personal data of the customer as it is needed for the order of goods (name, address, payment data) exclusively for the fulfillment of the contract. Personal data is, if not necessary to fulfill the contract, not given to third persons.
(2) Personal data of customers are deleted after the payment is fulfilled, if not necessary for legal reasons or if the customer did explicitly agree to further processing of the personal data. The customer can request to see, edit or delete the saved personal free of charge.
(3) Payment handling is done by either HeidelPay (www.heidelpay.de) or PayPal (www.paypal.com)
(1) If individual terms of these general terms and conditions are void, the other terms remain intact.
(2) The relationships between contracting partners are regulated by law holding in the German Federal Republic, to the exclusion of UN sales of goods law (United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, CISG).
(3) Place of fulfillment and exclusive place of jurisdiction for shipments and payments as well as disputes between vendor and customer are the corporate headquarters of the vendor, if the customer is business man.
(4) The Contract language is German.
Zur Brinke 7
33758 Schloß Holte-Stukenbrock
Fax: +49 5207 8998615
Registry Court: Bielefeld
Register Number: HRB 40300
Value Added Tax Identification Number: DE 276514068
WEEE-Reg.-Nr.: DE 53246002
The contents of our site are created with great care. We can however not guarantee correctness, completeness or actuality of the contents. We do not monitor content created by users. Liability for infringements by users is only from the point of knowledge about the infringements possible. After we become acquainted with with infringements, the corresponding content will be deleted immediately.
Our website contains links to websites of third parties. We don't have influence on the content of these websites. The provider of the third party website is responsible for the content. At the time of the linking, third party websites are checked to be lawful. A permanent control of third party websites is not reasonable. If we become aware of unlawful content on third party websites, the corresponding links will immediately be removed.
All contents on this website are subject to the German copyright (Urheberrecht). Duplication, editing, distribution and all other kinds of utilization of the content is only allowed after approval by the author (if not explicitly stated otherwise). Copies for private, non-commercial usage is allowed. Contents of third parties are labelled as such. If we become aware of copyright violations, the corresponding content will be removed immediately.
The usage of this Website is normally possible without transmission of personal data. If personal data is collected, it is only done voluntarily by the user. This data will not be given to third parties without your consent.
We point out that communication over the Internet can always have security flaws. A complete protection against access of data by third parties is impossible.
We do explicitly object to the usage of the contact data on this page. Sending advertising and information leaflets to the given address or email address is expressly not permitted.